Sunday, June 12, 2011

You call THIS coffee??!!

After a long early morning train ride back to the city from Goulburn we decided to get off at Macarthur for a cigarette break. As the next city bound train had about 45mins to arrive we thought we'd have a look around Macarthur Square and get some caffeine to go with our nicotine.
So we went to San Churro cafe thingy and I ordered a "coffee". If one could call it that as you will understand from my email below;


Hi,
 
I purchased a "strong flat white" from your store on the 23rd of September around 9.30am and was warned it "may be too strong" as they'd made it with a double shot. Well it was weak as piss! I've had stronger coffees made with instant stuff.
 
My "strong" coffee tasted like warm watery milk with a slight coffee aftertaste. I'm scared to think of what a normal or weak coffee would be - just warmed milk perhaps? It was atrocious.
 
If you're going to sell coffee you should teach your staff how to make something that would pass for coffee.
 
Sincerely
E

Later in the day they replied by offering me a free coffee voucher -um why would I want another shitty coffee?- so I told them they could put the cost of the coffee towards barista lessons for their employees.

1 comment:

  1. And thanks to auto-correct it says September when it actually happened in May...idk...

    ReplyDelete