Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Disney Adventures in Fine Dining

My mother told me about a letter, probably my first of this nature, I wrote to Disney Adventures magazine around 1995.

The previous christmas holidays had been spent in France where we had dined on delicacies such as wild boar and truffles, me for the first time.

A Disney Adventures magazine had an article about the different types of food people eat around the world and for the French or Belge section they had wild boar (my mother thinks, could have been another meat) and truffles. The editor wrote a note saying something along the line of "ewwww yuck I can't imagine eating chocolate with that" . Apparently I was very upset by it and wrote them a letter.

This is not the actuall letter but a mock up of what it might have been.

Dear Disney Adventures,

The truffles in the wild boar and truffle dish wouldn't have been chocolate truffles but real truffles . They are kind of like a mushroom and they use pigs to find them in the wild. I was in France on the holidays and had truffles a few times and wild boar and they are very yummy and taste very good together.

Also here is a picture of me at Euro-Disney
[insert really dorky photo of me sticking my head through a cut out Minnie thing here]

-------

My mother says I was really disappointed that they never printed either my letter or my picture especially as there were pictures of lots of other kids at Disney Worlds. Nor did they put in a correction or write me back. However can you imagine the shame of a little kid correcting you about fine cuisine!

Although they would only have had to ask one or two people before they were corrected in the first place. Surely the publishing house they were with did a food magazine. If only it was ten years later they could have googled it!

No comments:

Post a Comment